Bylaws (administrative records)
Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) Records, Harrisonburg, Virginia Branch, 1929-2017, document the activities of Harrisonburg's local AAUW branch and include administrative records, financial files, publications, annual conference materials, scrapbooks, and photographs.
The Copp’s Schoolhouse Notebook and Ledger, 1867-1908, is comprised of one bound volume of notes on Dr. Benjamin Mosby Smith’s lectures; the constitution, by-laws, and meeting minutes of the Johnsonian Lyceum (meetings were held at Copp’s Schoolhouse in Maurertown, Virginia which was located in the Johnson Magisterial District); and unrelated personal property lists of Shenandoah County residents.
The Debating Club Records is comprised of a record book and papers containing meeting minutes, membership lists, and attendance records, documenting club activities from its founding in 1928 until 1940.
The Harrisonburg-Rockingham County Child Day Care Centers, Inc. Records, 1696-1991, consist of two boxes of administrative records of the Harrisonburg-Rockingham County Child Day Care Centers, one of the first day care facilities in the area.
The Patricia Chalfant Women’s Rights Collection, 1968-1978, is comprised of publications, ephemera, and conference material documenting second-wave feminism and the women’s liberation movement. Key subjects include the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA), the National Organization for Women (NOW), and various organized marches including the July 9, 1978 March for the Equal Rights Amendment in Washington, D.C.
The Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coalition Records, 1977-2018, document the activities of the Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coalition (SVBC), formerly named the Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Club. Materials include newsletters, meeting minutes, correspondence, promotional material, route maps for the Annual Shenandoah Valley Century Ride and other rides, and digital photographs.
The W. L. Dechert Corporation Records, 1890-1943, comprise two bound volumes containing historical information, financial records, meeting minutes, bylaws, and administrative information concerning Harrisonburg's W. L. Dechert Corporation.