Katherine Kitchen Agne and Jean Ann Kitchen Hardison photographs
Scope and Contents
A photograph booklet (developed by Gitchell-Lee Studios in Harrisonburg) comoprising 15 photographs documenting one or both of the Kitchen sisters' (Katherine Kitchen, Jean Ann Kitchen) time at Madison College.
The photographs document campus views, off-campus trips to the mountains, and an unidentified football game.
The booklet appears to have been detached from a scrapbook page due to the black paper remnants on the booklet. "Katherine Kitchen Agne 1959" is written on the back of the booklet. While this note suggests that the photos belonged to Katherine Kitchen, she did not attend Madison College after 1957. Her sister Jean Ann Kitchen attended from 1955-1959 and resembles one of the people present in several of the photographs. For this reason, the collection title references both sisters.
- Creation: circa 1959
- Hardison, Jean Ann Kitchen (1937-2023) (Person)
- Ange, Katherine Kitchen (1936-2019) (Person)
- Lee-Gitchell Studio (Organization)
Collection is open for research. Researchers must register and agree to copyright and privacy laws before using this collection. Please contact Research Services staff before visiting the James Madison University Special Collections Library to use this collection.
The copyright interests in this collection have not been transferred to the James Madison University Special Collection Library. For more information, contact the Special Collections Library Reference Desk (email@example.com).
Biographical / Historical
Katherine Kitchen (1936-2019) and Jean Ann Kitchen (1937-2023), sisters from Vienna, Virginia, matriculated into Madison College in 1955. Katherine was enrolled from 1955-1957. Jean Ann graduated in 1959. While a student, Katherine was a member of the Wesley Foundation. Jean Ann was a member of Theta Sigma Upsilon, Future Business Leaders of America, YWCA, Wesley Foundation, Recreation Council, and House Council.
0.08 cubic feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Photograph booklet comprising 15 photographs documenting one or both of the Kitchen sisters's time at Madison College.
Transferred to Special Collections in July 2008 by JMU's Centennial Office as part of a larger group of alumni materials.
- The Schoolma'am, 1956. Harrisonburg (Va.): Madison College.
- The Schoolma'am, 1959. Harrisonburg (Va.): Madison College.
- James Madison University. Centennial Office (Organization)
- Madison College -- Students -- Social life and customs (Organization)
- Madison College -- History (Organization)
- James Madison University -- History (Organization)
- A Guide to the Katherine Kitchen Agne and Jean Ann Kitchen Hardison Photographs, circa 1959
- Tiffany Cole
- April 2023
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description