Cleveland, Elizabeth Pendleton, 1867-1958
- Existence: 1867 - 1958
Prior to joining the faculty at the State Normal and Industrial School at Harrisonburg in 1909, Elizabeth Cleveland taught at Hollins University and at Central University and Ouachita Baptist University, both in Arkansas. While teaching at the Normal, Elizabeth earned her master’s degree from the University of Virginia (1927) and saw to the founding several long-running student organizations: the Lee Literary Society, Lanier Literary Society, and The Schoolma’am (now Bluestone) yearbook. The dormitory Junior Hall was renamed Cleveland Hall in 1957 in honor of Elizabeth Cleveland.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
The Cleveland Family Papers, 1880-1958, are comprised primarily of photographs of Elizabeth and Annie Cleveland and other Cleveland family members. Additional materials include documents related to the deaths of Annie and Elizabeth Cleveland.